Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Dear Life by Barbara Quinn

I’m grateful to be alive and in good health. As the years have passed I’ve witnessed a lot of sad and just as many happy events. Life in all its wondrous circuitous paths has been full and often insane. That’s good news. For I love the company of other creatures. I am a better person for that contact.

How wonderful it is to go through this journey with friends and family. When I’m alone, I’m never really alone for I know that soon I’ll be with people who care, people who are broad-shouldered enough to allow me to unload. Where would I be without them? I’d still be me, but I’d probably be babbling to myself. Wait. I do that. Just not out loud. I’d be babbling to myself out loud. I’d be the kind of old woman people move away from instead of toward. Oh my.

Treasure the ones you love. Hold them close. Give them space. Do whatever you need to do to allow them to be themselves, and be happy. Life is too short. These may sound like clichés, but oh, they do have more than a kernel of truth at their center. Be grateful for life. I am.

3 comments:

Kathryn Magendie said...

Oh so true! I can see the mists surrounding my distant smokies this morning - hard to feel bad about anything with that there...

Beautiful post, Barb...

patresa hartman said...

:)

I am sure Life very much appreciates your thank you note. Everyone likes to be appreciated.

Angie Ledbetter said...

I try to live by this motto daily. Be grateful for all I have, all that comes, all that's still to be.

Listen to our Podcasts