Friday, October 24, 2008

Escape Gratitude by Angie Ledbetter

Today I'm far away from home and I feel as if I've grown wings, or more accurately, unfurled the shriveled dried up ones I've had pinned beneath my shoulder blades for too long.

With the kids solidly on their own two feet, or at least with their own means of transportation and a decent amount of reliable good sense, Mom has flown the coop.

I am grateful for this escape from home and all-the-stuff-I-have-to-do-each-day. To enjoy time away from the world and clocks with a friend is one of life's greatest pleasures. And I intend to savor every moment of my vacation without guilt and worry. In that way, I can pay proper homage to the gift of this time. I sincerely hope you are able to shake out your feathers and do the same sometime in the near future.

7 comments:

Barbara Quinn said...

Hooray...it sounds like a wonderful getaway! Have much fun and tell us all about it soon.

Angie Ledbetter said...

It is awesomely beautiful up here on Kat's mountain! Wish you other 2 YOG bloggers could see it. Hugs to y'all!

Kathryn Magendie said...

And, yes!, I am the lucky recipient of Angie's visit - :-)

We should have a YOG retreat here...

Carrie Wilson Link said...

You don't have to convince me! There's nothing more healing!

patresa hartman said...

escape! vacation! flying coops! reliable good sense! these are awesome awesome awesome. revel. :)

Ami said...

First, I'm grateful to have a few minutes to read about your gratitude. Time to read my favorite bloggers is a luxury these days.

Second, your post reminded my why it's so important to take time for ourselves. Enjoy your vacation!

Angie Ledbetter said...

Carrie, you'r so right. I've done nothing I "had" to while here, and only the "want" to things. Everyone should have these battery-recharging times for the soul!

Am reveling, Patresa...like a big wallowing in it. LOL

Thanks, Ami, and I hope you get a big bowl of vacation (including the whipped cream and cherry) soon.

Listen to our Podcasts